Tuesday, August 14, 2012

PsychiSleepoTimpaCave

Yesterday I met with a psychiatrist. in order to have the weight loss surgery they need to make sure you're not crazy, psychotic, suicidal, depressed or anything that could be of harm to you or others. I'm SURE there's a very good reason for it but it all seems over the top to me. Not only did I have a 45 minute evaluation with the psychiatrist, but I had to take 3 tests.

The first test was answering different questions about history, have you been suicidal, etc. etc.

The second and third tests brought me back to my school years. That's right...bubble tests. There were 175 questions on the first one and 165 questions on the second. And they had most of the same questions on both. Lame. I know, they're trying to see if your answers change. I get it...but obnoxious nonetheless.

After I got home, Cherissa, Corey, Scott and I went to dinner at Chili's. That was an adventure. It was being remodeled and it looked so weird. We enjoyed it though. We even decided that we should do it more often. I think that's an excellent plan.

We then went to Walmart. Corey needed new shoes, I needed sunglasses and Scott and I needed Powerade.

After that, Corey and Cherissa, along with Cherissa's brother Fred(erick) and his girlfriend Stephanie that are visiting from California, crashed at our place. We stayed up 'till 1:30 I. The morning playing bowling and Just Dance 2 on the Wii. Scott and I then proceeded to go upstairs and fix the bed so we could sleep. They watched Dan in Real Life. I have no idea when they went to bed.

We all got up this morning and got ready to go to Timpanogos cave. As I was going through my tub 'o shoes I found out that they had ALL BEEN PEED ON. I am soooooo pissed. We've been having issues with Ores peeing on things. I'm pretty sure it's due to Kieshie invading "Ores territory" but I've had it. Rugs, couch (that we had to throw out), blankets, OUR BED, my shoes, clothes... I'm done. I bought a magnetic cat door, litter box and food and water containers just for her. With the magnetic door she will be the only one able to go in and out so it's just hers. I'm hoping it's just that she needs her own space. If she pees again it will be a trip to the vet. If there's nothing wrong and she does it again...I'll have to get rid of her. And I'll cry. A lot. I've had her nearly 6 years. She's my baby and I love her so much but I can't continue to deal with this. And technically I could get rid of Kieshie but honestly...I think I like Kieshie more. Sad but true.

Anyway, I'm back from my rant. We stopped at McDonalds on the way to Timpanogos to grab breakfast and headed up. We got to the mountain and started to hike up. Let me just say that it is SO FLIPPING STEEP!!! I got 1/3 of the way up and had to stop. Between my asthma, 1.5 lung capacity and the shoes that were hurting my feet because the others got peed on, thats all I could go. I'm really quite proud of myself for making it that far though.

So, I'm sitting here waiting for the 5 of them to get back. I've been here for about 2 hours I'd venture. Then we will make our way down the last 1/3 of the mountain and grab lunch. I'm pretty hungry. And my lungs hurt. Go figure.


1 comment:

  1. Genetics in the Ehlers' family is a bummer. When are you having the surgery? Since your insurance is covering it, have them work with you on controlling your asthma when you exercise. Danielle also has asthma but has learned how to contol it. So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete