Well, it's officially the first day of the new year and I'm LOVING it! I'm excited for the prospect of what this year will hold.Last year was kind of a rough year for our family . Scott had sinus surgery in July, sliced through a tendon below his thumb and had tendon repair surgery in September . He is doing well now. He has a lot of movement back in his thumb but still has some work to do to regain most of the rest of the functionality back . I'm excited to see his progress in 2013. Scott also celebrated his 20th anniversary at his work . I'm so proud of him!
Breann had her share of difficulty, too . The poor girl was sick about 6 or 7 Times last year . Miss Breann also found out that she has a condition with her back requiring physical therapy and possible rods in her spine . They also informed her of a condition in which her bones in her legs aren't straight like they should be, thus causing frequent broken bones . She's working hard on her therapy because she loves sports and doesn't want to give them up . I'm excited to see her progress and determination during 2013. Breann celebrated her 14th birthday in March and got her first surprise party! I love that girl .
I began 2012 with laryngitis which turned into my voice becoming obsolete . After numerous antibiotics and vocal chord scopes, it was determined that I had a sinus infection that was draining down my vocal chords causing my inability to talk .
In March I had sinus surgery and things were looking up . After months
of research I decided to have weight loss surgery. on 11/2/12 I had a roux-en-y Gastric Bypass . My recovery was less than pleasant and took about a week longer than most. Within a few weeks after the surgery I should have been getting 48-64 ounces of water. Well...I wasn't. In fact, I'm still not . Pretty much, since the surgery, I've been consistently nauseated . Drinking makes it worse . And I've tried everything...literally everything . I've had 3 endoscopic procedures where they displayed the opening to my stomach because there was swelling . I had 1 er visit for dehydration, 1 outpatient iv hydration, 6 days admitted to the hospital, home health care, and right now I'm on my second hospital admission and I've been in the hospital starting on 7 days . They still continue to work at finding the origination of the nausea . But, until it's figured out...I'll continue to sit here...eating the "yummy" hospital food .
Aside from our personal challenges, we've had some things happen that affected all of us . We had to get rid of our 3 cats in December because they were peering on things . As in, we had 2 couches and now there's none . We also had a slow leak in our basement causing mold in the laundry room and Breann' s room .
So, there you have it . our 2012 in a nutshell . I am confident 2013 Will be the best year yet!



You can do it! <3 It seems hard, but your friend are here for you.
ReplyDeleteWow! You are right, all the bad happened in 2012 so 2013 will be good. Keep your heads up and plugging along. Everything will work out.
ReplyDeleteWhat an eventful year! Trials sure make us appreciate life when it is calm for a few minutes. I hope you recovered from your last visit to the hospital.
ReplyDelete