So I was reading M's blog about her new kitchen...well rather old kitchen and all the pics. (We are still awaiting pics of the new kitchen.). Anyhoo... It made me sad because I really want to blog, but I very rarely sit at the computer unless it's to print coupons. So...this thought came across my mind ... (imagine a thought bubble right here) why don't I look through the app store and see if there's a blogger app! And sure 'nuff... THERE IS!
So...here I sit, doing...well that's not important...and blogging my little heart out! I love it! It feels good to write things down. And it's a great journal of the goings-on of our family. This way I can write and feel like I'm writing for someone vs writing in a journal just for me. I think that's why I kept failing Journaling 101 all through my 28 years.
I thought I'd start my new (blogging) lease on life by giving you an update. Scott and I have been married 1 year, 7 months, and 5 days. It has been exciting, exhausting, amazing, terrifying, fun, angering and just plain awesome! We are still so in love! I am blessed every day I get to spend with him! He is truly an amazing man!
We have lived in OUR house for nearly a year (yikes!) and it still looks like we moved in a month ago. Our living room is still partially filled with boxes, so is our bedroom, spare room, garage and the Scrapbooking/storage/Scott's desk room. We basically have too much crap and not enough energy to go through it all. Despite that, I've been managing to (slowly) make it our HOME. I did manage to make our room a bit cozier, as you'll see in the picture I posted.
It's definitely a work in progress. One of these days I think I'm going to hire a professional organizer to help me get through the rest of the stuff that's everywhere. Otherwise, to be completely honest, our living room furniture will forever be boxes.
Em :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Well, don't get discouraged about the boxes. I still have boxes from when we moved to Arizona in 1984. Before Taylor went on his mission we were making some progress but I don't move as quickly as he and frankly, I can't carry the boxes in the house to go through them. It is getting warm enough now that during the afternoons it is warm enough to go out in the storage and got through some but I need help to get them down off the pile. I've found that I cannot start at the bottom and go up. Sadly, I must start at the top and go down and I can't climb up to get anything down. I do have a young lady who comes to help me occasionally and I think she'll help me get the boxes down. I'm sure most of the stuff can go to D.I. or in the trash but I need to look in the boxes to find out which place they should go. Inasmuch as I haven't used anything in all those boxes for almost 30 years I probably don't need to keep much. Good luck. Love you.
ReplyDeleteI check your blog periodically, but don't see any new posts. So happy you have found an easier method with an app. I have lived in my house 5 years and still have boxes I haven't gone through. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.
ReplyDelete